True or False?
These statements are in the first four paragraphs, and three are indeed false, while five are true.
- T or F: Zeroing out emissions will not cool the planet.
- T or F: Warming is proportional to the cumulative emissions over the industrial era.
- T or F: Average temperatures will stop increasing when emissions stop
- T or F: Cooling will take thousands of years as greenhouse gases slowly dissipate from the atmosphere.
- T or F: While the heat will stop getting worse, sea level will continue to rise for centuries as polar ice melts in a warmer world.
- T or F: Stopping emissions stops making the climate worse.
- T or F: Repairing the damage, insofar as repair is possible, will require more than emissions cuts.
- T or F: To cool the planet in this century, humans must either remove carbon from the air or use solar geoengineering.